Gazpacho: a cold soup alternative. I think that gazpacho is quite the refreshing easy soup recipe option – especially in the summer. It goes well with my Smoked Chicken Salad sandwich, or even Lamb Chops hot off the grill. Make it extra special with a dollop of to-die-for Avocado Whip right on top.
Satisfy heat-seekers by adding the smoky kick of a chipotle pepper into the mix before blending. Spoon it into shot glasses for appetizer recipes portions, or casually serve lots of hungry guests with disposable cocktail cupfuls. Garnish either way with a tablespoon of set-aside finely chopped cucumber, green pepper, and red onion, and a dollop of avocado whipped cream, or even just a sprig of fresh thyme.
gazpacho recipe information
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1 Cup Chopped Cucumber
- 1 Cup Chopped and Seeded Tomato
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Cups Tomato Juice
- 1 Sprig Thyme
gazpacho recipe instruction
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate (ideally overnight so that all of the flavors start to combine).
2. The next day, remove the sprig of thyme and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until service.
- This soup is still quite tasty if made right before serving it, but refrigerating the ingredients overnight helps to better lock in all the flavors.
- Don’t worry about expertly chopping your veggies into perfect cubes. They need not be uniform chunks even. The veggies only need to be chopped small enough to be blended easily.