Frozen Pound Cake Recipe
Here begins another recipe made extra easy with the use of simple and delicious ingredients from the frozen food aisle. As we plan for Monday’s big #RealFoodFrozen #FNIchat preso by @EasyHomeMeals, it is hard to turn our cold-cravin’ brains off. We actually filmed this design, and very soon will have a pretty little video all polished up to serve to you. In the meantime, enjoy the behind-the-scene pictures peppered throughout.
Easy Sorbet Layer Cake
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Freeze Time: Couple Hours
layer cake ingredients
- One Frozen Pound Cake
- 1½-2 Pints Sorbet, thawed enough to spread easily
- Fresh Mint
easy pound cake recipe
- Line a loaf pan with long pieces of plastic wrap that extend beyond the edges of the pan.
- Cut the pound cake into 3-5 equal slices.
- Assemble the layers – alternating cake and sorbet – beginning and ending with pound cake. Dot torn fresh mint throughout the layers of sorbet.
- Tightly wrap the finished layers with the long ends of plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for several hours at least.
- Remove the loaf pan from the freezer, and the dessert from the pan. Unwrap the plastic wrap and slice to reveal the colorful layers in every serving.
sorbet parfait tips and tricks
- Slice the pound cake vertically, or horizontally – play with the presentation.
- Turn this into a grown-up treat by spooning sangria made simply with hunks of frozen fruits over each slice just before service.
- We used a traditional butter pound cake and blood orange sorbet with mint, but you might try a lemon sorbet with fresh thyme, or even a chocolate pound cake with strawberry sorbet.
More Frozen Food Recipes
Melt into the rest of these brilliant #RealFoodFrozen recipes also commissioned by the NFRA and inspired by Monday’s Chillllly #FNIchat:
- Why I Love My Freezer by Cynthia of The Daily Basics
- One Pot Chicken, Leeks, and Orzo by Isabel of Family Foodie
- Operation Empty Freezer — Braised Chicken & Tortellini Salad with Lemon Garlic Dressing by Kimberly of The Hungry Goddess
- Super Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip by Kristy of The Wicked Noodle
- Ice Cold Equation for the Perfect Dessert by Caitlin of Cooking with Caitlin