Frisch’s Pumpkin Pie Crostini
Snack on leftover pumpkin pie with this savory sausage sensation. Creamy, crispy, and unexpectedly delicious, this crostini recipe is the ultimate way to make sure nothing goes to waste.
sausage crostini recipe
- Yield: 20-30 Appetizers
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 Baguette
- 1/3 Frisch’s Pumpkin Pie, filling only (OR 1 Cup Spiced Pumpkin Puree)
- 1 Pound Ground Pork
- 1 Can Cannellini Beans
- 1 tsp Ground Thyme
- 1 tsp Rubbed Sage
- 1½ Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
crostini recipe instruction
- Preheat your oven to broil. Slice your baguette into crostini. Place on a cookie sheet and toast under the broiler. Flip and toast on the other side.
- In a large sauté pan combine the ground pork, thyme, sage and Dijon mustard. Cook the pork and crumble with a spoon.
- When the pork has finished cooking, add the drained white beans to the pan and toss with the pork. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the crostini, smear the toast with some pumpkin pie filling and top with a spoonful of the sausage and beans. Serve warm.
crostini cooking and serving tips
- Saute the sausage-bean mixture and toast the crostini in advance. Just before service, warm the sausage and assemble the appetizers.
- If you can’t find plain ground pork in the grocery, use breakfast sausage instead. Just don’t add the thyme and sage called for above because the meat is already seasoned.
more pumpkin recipes
Link to all the Third Thursday recipes inspired by Frisch’s Pumpkin Pie:
- Pumpkin Pie Crostini with Cannellini Beans and Sausage
- Pumpkin Pie-Stuffed Phyllo Appetizers
- Chipotle Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin Polenta-Stuffed Zucchini with Bleu Cheese Cream Sauce
- Pumpkin Pastitsio
- Pumpkin Pie Waffle with Slow-Cooked Beef
- Pumpkin Caramel Bon Bons
- Pumpkin Pie Blondies
- Pumpkin Pie Sundae with Maple-Bourbon Pecan Sauce