Fried Egg, Spinach and Chorizo Taco
Use this taco design as a tasty way to use up leftovers and other bits and pieces in your fridge. It works with any ground meat or leafy green because everything is better with an egg on top.
Prepare ahead of time every component of this recipe. Fry the eggs in advance, sauté the spinach, and cook the chorizo. When you are ready to assemble the tacos, warm the eggs and the tortillas in a low oven. At the same time, reheat the chorizo and spinach in the microwave or on the stove top. Put it altogether at the last minute for a hearty and filling meal on any given Tuesday.
- Yield: 12 Tacos
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 12 Eggs
- 1 Pound Cooked Homemade Chorizo
- 1 Pound Fresh Spinach
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to low. Wrap your tortillas in tin foil and warm them in the oven 15 minutes before you are ready to serve.
- To a large sauté pan add butter and turn to high heat. Once the butter is melted, add the fresh spinach and toss until all of the spinach is coated. Let cook until tender.
- When the spinach starts to wilt, add the juice of 1 lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry all 12 eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the tacos, first place a fried egg on top of the corn tortilla. Next, spoon an ounce of chorizo over the egg, and top with a forkful of spinach. Serve hot and enjoy.
taco tips and tricks
- You may fry the eggs in advance of service. As they come out of the pan, place them on a cookie sheet in a single layer, making sure they don’t overlap. Just before assembling the tacos, warm them in a low oven.