French Toast Sandwich
make Elvis smile down from heaven
I guess this easy recipe would be good for breakfast, if you were available to take a nap immediately following. The truth is, I usually cut this warm, creamy, sweet, and salty sandwich into quarters, top it with Fresh Whipped Cream, and serve is as a dessert. YUM. Enough said.
- Yield: Dessert for 6 or more
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 6 Slices White Bread
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Nutella
- 1 Banana
- 3 Eggs
1. Crack your eggs in a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
2. Smear 3 slices of bread with Nutella; smear another 3 slices of bread with peanut butter.
3. Peel and thinly slice the banana. Place 4-5 slices of banana on each slice of bread smeared with Nutella.
4. Create 3 sandwiches, pressing one slice of bread with Nutella and bananas into one side of bread smeared with peanut butter.
5. Preheat a non-stick sauté pan to medium high heat and add 2 pats of butter.
6. Dip each sandwich, both sides, in the egg mixture. Add to the preheated sauté pan.
7. Cook on the first side until the egg has been cooked and the side looks golden brown. This will take approximately 3-5 minutes. Flip and finish cooking on the other side. This will take another 3-5 minutes.
8. Once the sandwich is finished cooking, slice in half, serve and enjoy.
- The sandwiches can be made a couple hours earlier and set aside. Dip in the eggs before you cook them and then serve right away.
- Nutella is a chocolate hazelnut spread that is pretty easy to find in all major grocery stores now. It is usually sold next to the peanut butter and other various spreads. You can also find generic versions of Nutella.