Vegetarian Focaccia Sandwiches
This is a quick sandwich perfect for any sandwich menu. These Vegetarian Focaccia Sandwiches make it seem like you spent hours slaving in the kitchen, and the bread especially makes the sandwich flavorful and interesting. I do believe these could pass for gourmet.
This makes a great meal for delivery to friends and family. Wrapped in foil, all they have to do is pop it in the oven to warm it up! Cut the focaccia into petit-four proportions and serve as appetizers at an open house. Or, make it in advance for weekend tailgating.
vegetarian focaccia sandwich cooking information
- Yield: 2 or more servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
vegetarian focaccia sandwich all ingredients
- 1 Round Focaccia Bread
- 1 Small Eggplant
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Squash
- 1/4 Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 5 Slices Fresh Mozzarella
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
vegetarian focaccia sandwich recipe instruction
1. Before you start,wash all of the vegetables. Cut tops and bottoms off of the eggplant, squash, and zucchini. Slice lengthwise approximately ¼-inch thick.
2. In a pan, heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once the pan is hot, assemble a layer of vegetables. Once the veggies start to soften or get a brown crust, flip and repeat for the next side. Continue to do this for all of the vegetables.
3. Slice the focaccia in half horizontally. Smear the bottom half with the red pepper hummus, layer the vegetables, and place the fresh mozzarella on top. Place the top of the focaccia on top and wrap the entire sandwich in aluminum foil.
4. Bake the sandwich at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
vegetarian focaccia sandwich cooking tips
- This feeds two ravenously hungry people, or four people for lunch, and all sorts of people for appetizers.
- Look for the balls of fresh mozzarella in the fine cheese case at your grocery.
- You can buy this hummus or make your own; follow my online cooking class for hummus and add roasted red peppers (you can buy the peppers jarred and already roasted).