Figs with Honey
A sweet fresh fig treat. I serve these figs to my family at the end of our huge Thanksgiving feast. Of course we have all the traditional desserts as well, but it sure is nice to offer something a little bit lighter, sweetened only by honey, after a heavy meal of Turkey and Mashed potatoes.
figs with honey cooking information
- Yield: 16-20 Pieces
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
figs with honey ingredients
- 1 Carton Fresh Figs
- 1/2 Cup Mascarpone Cheese
figs with honey recipe instruction
1. Prepare your figs. Slice the top stem off and then slice in half lengthwise.
2. Place your mascarpone cheese in a microwave safe bowl and cook in 10 second increments until melted. If you over-cook the mascarpone cheese, the fat will separate. If this happens, just stir it vigorously for a little bit, let it cool again, and it will all mix back together.
3. To assemble and serve place the figs cut side up, spoon the melted mascarpone over top, and then drizzle with honey.
figs with honey cooking tips
- Fresh figs are hard to find but you can always buy dried figs and re-hydrate by pouring boiling water over the figs and setting them side for 10-15 minutes. With the reconstituted figs, follow the same instructions for how to prepare the fresh figs.
- Mascarpone cheese can usually be found in the gourmet cheese section but if you can’t find it you can always substitute cream cheese. Melt it using the same instructions.
- Figs with Honey is probably the easiest and most beautiful dessert you can make.