Easy Cheesy Noodles
THIS is the first recipe Caitlin ever crafted. In third grade, at the ripe ol’ age of 8, Caitlin stirred together her first pot of this super simple mac and cheese. Since then, she’s demo-ed the design for kids of all ages. And here she boils it down to three on-hand ingredients for the Back-to-School edition of Kroger’s MyMagazine extras app. Download it now for even more elementary inspiration.
easy cheesy noodles recipe cooking information
- Yield: 2-4 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
easy cheesy noodles ingredients
- 32 Ounces Lower-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Whole-Grain Pasta
- 5 Slices American Cheese
easy cheesy noodles recipe instruction
- Pour chicken broth into a small pot with a lid, and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta to the boiling broth, place the lid on the pot, and turn off the heat; let stand for 15 minutes without disturbing the lid.
- Stir in the American cheese. For a thicker sauce, let the pasta sit for an additional 15 minutes without the lid.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
easy cheesy noodles tips and tricks
- For this recipe, I like to use a smaller pasta like ditalini, acini de pepe, or a smaller farfalle. If you have a hard time finding those varietals in whole grain, use a long pasta, but break it in half.