Crustless Quiche: Chipotle Chicken
Make a double batch of this savory egg pie on Sunday morning. Serve a dozen for breakfast or brunch, and store the rest for lunches and suppers throughout the week; warm them in the microwave whenever you’re ready. Add creaminess and texture by spooning fresh avocado tossed in quick Dill Vinaigrette right on top. And turn a pair of portions into a meal for one with a simple green salad and hunk of crusty bread on the side.
chipotle chicken crustless quiche details
- Yield: 12 Portions
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
chipotle chicken crustless quiche ingredients
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Small Can Chipotle Peppers
- 1 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 12 Eggs
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Choppped Chives
- Salt & Pepper
chipotle chicken crustless quiche directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place liners in a large muffin tin.
- Dice the chicken breast ino small pieces; place in a small bowl. Mix the diced chicken with the chipotle peppers.
- In a big mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, chives, salt & pepper.
- To assemble the quiches, place the diced chicken in the bottom of the muffin tins, making sure not to add the chipotle peppers to the tins (because they’ll crowd the tin and they won’t break down during the cooking process).
- Next, add a pinch of the Swiss cheese.
- Finally, pour the egg mixture over the chicken and cheese until each muffin tin is 3/4 of the way filled. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, or until the egg mixture is cooked.
- When the center of the quiches are set, remove from the oven and let cool. Peel away the liners and serve while still hot.
Chipotle Chicken Crustless Quiche Tips and Tricks
- Lighten up this recipe by using only egg whites and milk instead of any heavy whipping cream. If you use only egg whites, be sure to add 4 extra eggs to the recipe.
- Without a crust, this recipe is absolutely gluten-free. It’s an excellent addition to a brunch spread for guests who may be gluten-intolerant.