Crunchy Chicken Nuggets
Make happier snacks and meals alike for kids of all ages. Turn your idea of a “nugget” on its head with this homemade take on hunks of juicy chicken breast. Throw it together in the time it takes to travel to the drive-thru, in the comfort of your home, surrounded by hungry and adoring fans. Later, cruise through the rest of the Back-to-School edition of Kroger’s MyMagazine extras app; like a prize in the box, it will delight you for days.
chicken nuggets recipe cooking information
- Yield: Enough for 2-4 Children
- Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
chicken nuggets ingredients
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cleaned and cut into 1½-inch chunks
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ Cup Skim Milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Panko Bread Crumbs, Asian-flavored
- Oriental Wok Sweet and Sour Sauce
chicken nuggets recipe instruction
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Create stations for breading: In one bowl whisk together the Greek yogurt and skim milk. Empty the bread crumbs into a second bowl.
- Dredge the chicken first in the yogurt mixture, then in the panko bread crumbs. Place the chicken on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Repeat with all the chicken.
- Bake the chicken nuggets for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with Oriental Wok Sweet and Sour Sauce.
chicken nuggets tips and tricks
- This is a basic recipe; you can easily play with the flavors you prefer. For an Italian version, toss the chicken in basil, garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes. Finish it with Italian bread crumbs and marinara sauce for dunking.