With just 2 simple ingredients and some salt and pepper, this easy side dish recipe allows the naturally sweet flavor of corn to shine. Certainly this Creamed Corn makes for a fantastic side dish, but it’s also the perfect way to add sweet and crunch to a burger or Smashed Black Bean nachos, or even a Fried Egg Tostada. Think of this corn recipe when you need a simple vegetable solution i.e. Thanksgiving. Great way to give yourself a break.
creamed corn cooking information
- Yield: Side for 6-8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 6 Ears of Corn
- 3/4 Cup Cream
- Salt/ Pepper
creamed corn recipe instruction
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your corn in the oven, while still in the husks, and let cook 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Remove the corn from the husks. Next slice the corn off the cob and place the kernels in a saute pan. Finally, using the back of your knife scrape the cob to remove the milk of the corn from the cob. Add that to the saute pan.
- When all of the corn is removed from the cob, place the pan on the stove top and turn to medium heat.
- Add your cream and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the corn becomes tender and the cream reduces a little.
- Serve and enjoy!
creamed corn cooking tips
- The most important thing is to buy corn still in-husk so you can roast it in the oven. When corn steams in its own husks, as opposed to being boiled, it maintains more of its flavor.
- You can always add a little cayenne for heat or fresh herbs, but when it’s simply cooked like this the corn becomes so sweet and tender. Much better than anything in the frozen food section.