Cocoa Puff-Crusted Strawberries
A surprise spin on a classic chocolate covered strawberry. These are the perfect party treat served over a shot of milk for a fun presentation. Or skip the milk and enjoy them all on their own!
- Yield: 2 Dozen Strawberries
- Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 Minutes
cocoa puff crushed strawberries ingredients
- 2 Cartons Fresh Strawberries
- 8 Ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1 Box Cocoa Puffs
cocoa puff crushed strawberries recipe
- Wash your strawberries and pat dry.
- To a small heat-resistant bowl, add your chocolate. Place the small bowl over a small pot of simmering water. Stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Empty half of the bag of Cocoa Puffs into a large Ziploc bag. Using a rolling pin or a mallet, smash the cereal until it is in large broken pieces.
- Finally, dip your strawberries into the chocolate. While the chocolate is still wet, dredge in the Cocoa Puffs. Place the strawberries on a cookie sheet and in the refrigerator for the chocolate to harden.
- When you are ready to serve, pour a shot full of milk and place the strawberry on top.
tips and tricks
- Cocoa Puffs are a personal favorite and a staple on every grocery lists. You can use whatever cereal you have on hand and enjoy the most.
- We served this on a shot full of milk for fun presentation and because the best part of Cocoa Puffs is the chocolately milk it creates.
GD Star Rating