Chocolate + Smoked Almond Granola
This granola is perfect by itself, on top of yogurt, with fresh fruit, or as a garnish to something extra special like the bourbon-cola ice cream float pictured here.
Use this homemade granola recipe as a base, and play with your own favorite flavors and ingredients. Keep the oats, oil and honey the same and play with everything else. You could use coconut, pecans, cinnamon, dried blueberries or raisins to make this more of your own.
Chocolate and Smoked Almond Granola recipe
- Yield: 3 Cups
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
homemade granola ingredients
- 2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Chopped Smoked Almonds
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
chocolate granola recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a cookie sheet, lined with foil or parchment, mix together and spread the oats and smoked almonds.
- In a small bowl mix together the oil and honey. Pour over the oats and almonds and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Place the oats and almonds into the oven and cook for 16-20 minutes, tossing occasionally, until everything is lightly toasted.
- Pull the toasted granola from the oven and transfer – while still hot – into a mixing bowl and stir in your chocolate chips. The chips will melt and create clusters of granola.
- Let the granola cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to a month.
almond granola tips and tricks
- I love using smoked almonds because they add a salty, crunchy, savory aspect to dishes. You can find them where you find other jarred nuts, but usually in whole form. After I buy them I pulse them in the food processor, transfer to a plastic bag, and keep in the freezer until I need them..