Whole Roasted Chicken with Herbed Butter Recipe
Whole Roasted Chicken is an easy and oh-so-affordable chicken recipe. This easy whole roasted chicken recipe will make you wonder why you have been paying up to buy only a part of the chicken. For the same price, you can have the whole bird!
The term “whole roasted chicken” can be scary to some, but as you will see in the video, it is really quite simple. People see a whole bird and turn the other way, not quite sure what to do about the gizzards, or how to season…and then there’s the cutting. So, I am going to teach not only to cook the chicken, but also how to cut it. You will see that it is really much easier than you think.
whole roasted chicken cooking information
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45-60 minutes (it depends on the oven)
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
1. Chop herbs (you can use whatever you like best)
2. Combine with softened butter
3. Smear herbed butter all over entire bird (reach your fingers underneath the skin and in the cavity – don’t be shy)
4. Bake at 425 degrees for 30-45 minutes
5. Let sit until you can touch/handle it before carving
- You can use any herbs you like. Pick your favorites!
- You want to be sure that you do not dry out the chicken by over-cooking; but it should not be pink either. A good way to tell when the chicken is done is when the juices run clear. And, of course, it is always a good idea to use a meat thermometer.
How to make Whole Roasted Chicken Video