Cherry Cordial Cupcakes
Make this yummy coupling of homemade and boxed ingredients your signature cupcake recipe. Use the recipe as inspiration, and make it your own. Layer up the little cakes just as we’ve suggested, or play with filling alternatives like roasted fresh fruit, jams, or preserves. You might consider switching out the cupcakes for your favorite brownie. Or, stack this into one whole cake by dividing the batter into 2 8-inch round pans, baking, slicing each layer in half horizontally, and then alternating layers of icing and the filling.
cherry cordial cupcake recipe
- Yield: 2 dozen
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 24 minutes
gourmet cupcake ingredients
- 1 Box Dark Chocolate Cupcake Mix + Ingredients Needed
- 1 Can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 1/2 Sticks Butter, softened
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
semi-homemade cupcake recipe
- Following the directions on the box, mix and bake the cupcakes. Remove from the oven when they are finished cooking and let cool.
- Using either an apple corer or a thick handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes into the center of each of the cooled cupcakes.
- Transfer the pie filling to a plastic bag. Cut off a corner of the bag and pipe the filling into each of the cupcakes, allowing some on top of them.
- With your stand mixer, combine the softened butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip together until light and fluffy. Add the icing to another plastic bag, cut a corner, and pipe a circle around the filling on top of each cupcake.