Candied Pecan Spread
This spread is just one layer (can you see it peeking out in the picture?) on my take on a good ol’ fashioned steak salad with all the traditional elements of grilled steak, red onions, crunchy lettuce, candied pecans, and bleu cheese dressing. Served on a buttery dinner roll, the concept becomes a steak salad sandwich with all the fixings, turning a familiar idea into a taste sensation.
Keep this candied pecan recipe in your fridge at all times. As the base of a pie, a mix-in for boxed brownies (see image below), or a hearty filling for baked apples, it will transform desserts as well
candied pecan spread cooking information
- Yield: About 2 Cups
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
candied pecan recipe ingredients
- 1 Cup Smooth Almond Butter
- 1 Cup Whole Pecans
- ¼ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne
candied pecan recipe instruction
- Add your pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne to a saute pan. Turn to medium heat.
- Cook until the pecans are toasted and the brown sugar has started to melt and coat the pecans, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Empty the almond butter and pecans into a food processor; pulse together.
- Let the food processor go. Pour water – approximately ¼-½ cup – through the spout until the mixture is spreadable.
- Transfer to an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator.
Make it a Meal:Pecan Brownies