Brussels Sprouts Salad Crostini
We were in a Brussels Sprouts kick and looking for a way to turn this vegetable into yet another appetizer. With minimal ingredients and very little prep time, this beautiful display will make you look good, with very little effort.
- Yield: 30 Individual Crostini Pieces
- Prep Time: 20 Munutes
- Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
- 1 Baguette
- 1 Bag of Frozen Pearl Onions
- 6 Tb Butter
- 3 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 Bag of Fresh Brussels Sprouts
- ½ Cup Pine Nuts
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place pearl onions, butter and fresh thyme on cookie sheet. Bake until the pearl onions become golden brown. (Approximately 45 minutes)
- Slice your baguette into crostinis. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Place your pine nuts in a small sauté pan. Turn to high heat and never leave the pine nuts alone. Toast the pine nuts until they are golden brown on all sides. (Approximately 5-10 minutes)
- Prepare your Brussels sprouts. Remove the outermost leaves, cut the bottom of the sprouts off. Next, thinly slice the Brussels sprouts. Place in a mixing bowl with toasted pine nuts.
- Once the onions are finished cooking, remove from the oven and turn the oven to broil. Toast both sides of your crostini.
- Next, smear the roasted pearl onions on the crostini. Toss the Brussels sprouts and pine nuts lightly with the balsamic vinaigrette. Add a pinch of the salad on top of the crostini.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Everything can be done up to a day in advance. Just smear the onions and top with salad and then serve.
- For this recipe I bought the balsamic vinaigrette I used versus making it. Store bought salad dressings are great to keep in your refrigerator and use not only for salads, but marinades and seasoning.
GD Star Rating