Black Bean Soup
Throw this impromptu soup together with ingredients in your pantry right now. Make it a meal with a crunchy salad, or a gooey grilled cheese.
black bean soup
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
black bean soup ingredients
- 1 Can (15 ounces) Black Beans
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Juice of 1 Lime
black bean soup recipe
- Drain the black beans.
- Combine the beans, stock, and cumin in a small sauce pot. Blend together with an immersion blender.
- Add the juice of the lime to the soup and let simmer 5 minutes until warmed.
black bean soup tips and tricks
- If you want a thicker soup you can reduce the amount of chicken stock to 1/2 cup, or add another half can of beans.
- To make this vegetarian/vegan you can substitute the chicken stock with vegetable stock.
- To garnish this soup I like to play with the toppings. A spoonful of Greek yogurt or sour cream is delicious. A squirt of sriracha if I’m craving heat. Or a handful of cheddar popcorn is great for texture and flavor.
- This soup can also be made in a blender and then microwaved to keep it simple.
GD Star Rating