Berry Compote Recipe
We like to serve this berry compote recipe over toasted Orange-Cherry Coffee Cake, but it is also delicious as a layer in a yogurt parfait, a topping to a breakfast blintz, or a crown for a stack of pancakes. Take full foodie advantage of the tartness of this compote by using it to balance super sweet desserts too.
berry compote recipe
- Yield: 1-2 Cups
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 Carton Raspberries
- 1 Carton Blackberries
- 1 Carton Blueberries
- 1 Can of Cherries Packed in Water
- ¼ Cup Orange Marmalade
compote recipe instruction
- Empty all the ingredients in a small sauce pot – even add the water from the can of cherries. Turn to high heat.
- Boil until the berries burst and the extra moisture evaporates. Occasionally stir so nothing sticks to and burns the bottom of the pot.
- When the compote has thickened, turn off the heat. Serve on your favorite desserts.
compote cooking and serving tips
- If you would not like seeds or texture in your compote, press this through a fine-mesh sieve while it is still hot. The recipe will not yield as much without the seeds and skins.
- This is a tart sauce. Sweeten it to your liking with honey or sugar.