Bagel Pizza Recipe
This recipe is amazingly easy, especially if you use store-bought ricotta and marinara sauce. But, if you have a little extra time, and you really want to dazzle the hungry folks around you, make the Easy Tomato Sauce and Homemade Ricotta Cheese and add this to your gourmet pizza recipes. They are too simple not to try. And the result is a platter full of brilliant little pizza bagel bites.
homemade bagel bites cooking information
- Yield: Snack or Appetizers for 12
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
homemade bagel bites recipe ingredients
- 6 Plain Mini Bagels
- 1-2 Cups Fresh Ricotta
- 1-2 Cups Easy Tomato Sauce (or your favorite marinara sauce you have on hand)
- Fresh Parsley
- Fresh Basil
homemade bagel bites recipe instruction
- Preheat your oven to broil.
- Place your bagels, sliced in half length-wise, facing up on a baking sheet.
- Smear the bagels with tomato sauce.
- Spoon the fresh ricotta on top of the bagel. (This doesn’t have to be pretty; more important to get a little ricotta in every bite.)
- Place the baking sheet on a lower rack in the oven and let cook.
- While the Bagel Bites are cooking clean, pick, and roughly chop the parsley and basil together.
- Once the bagels are toasted and the toppings are warm, remove from the oven and decorate with the fresh herbs.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
homemade bagel bites tips and tricks
- I love the simple, creamy, crusty portions of this recipe, but if you are looking for more flavor you can always season the bagels with salt and pepper or red pepper flakes.