Despite the fact that this is perhaps the girliest guacamole ever, to the men out there, try it. I guarantee you that this avocado whip is extremely tasty. And, I am going to venture to say that any guy that can explain that he “whipped the avocado into stiff peaks” will impress any girl. Although I also appreciate a more traditional guacamole, this spin on the traditional is so easy that I think everyone should have this on their list of “know hows.” Add the avocado whip to nachos, taco salads, Gazpacho Soup – or just serve it with tortilla chips. It is quite the versatile dish.
- Yield: 3 Cups
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Lime – juice of one lime
- 2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 Bag of Your Favorite Tortilla Chips
1. In a mixing bowl, combine peeled and pitted avocados, lime juice, salt, cumin, and coriander. Mash with a fork into almost smooth texture.
2. In a large bowl beat the cream until stiff peaks (this means that it holds its shape).
3. In the large bowl, fold the avocados concoction into the whipped cream.
4. Serve and enjoy! If you have any leftovers, be sure to chill. Place the pits of the avocado into the remaining whip and cover with plastic wrap (press the plastic wrap directly onto the whip to minimize air exposure as the whip will turn brown).
**This is a one-night dish. I would not recommend trying to keep left overs because by morning it’ll be brown (even if you do leave the avocado pits in the center). If you feel you must try to store the avocado whip because it is just too good to throw away, be sure to cover the bowl tightly with Saran Wrap by placing the Saran Wrap directly up against the remaining whip to minimize as much air as possible.
- Bottled lime juice will work too.
- This is great as a dip or place a dollop on top of gazpacho.
online cooking class