This recipe was created as most Cooking with Caitlin recipes are – with a long-standing “classic” in mind. This appetizer salad is a fun, two-bite twist on the beloved wedge salad. Serve it as the show-stopping appetizer of your next cocktail party.
wedge salad cooking information
- Yield: About 10 Salads
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
wedge salad ingredients
- 2 Heads Romaine Hearts
- Tomato Jam
- Red Onion Breadcrumbs
- Frisch’s Bleu Cheese Dressing**
wedge salad recipe instruction
- Prepare your lettuce: peel any bruised or browned outer leaves, and keeping each segment together, slice the lettuce in half lengthwise, and then cut each half widthwise into thirds.
- Smear each individual wedge of lettuce with tomato jam.
- Sprinkle Red Onion Breadcrumbs over the top.
- Spoon the bleu cheese dressing onto each wedge of lettuce, and serve.
wedge salad tips and tricks
- **Now, you know this will work with any number of prepared bleu cheese dressings. But, if you’re reading this in Cincinnati from where we have posted it, you’ve just got to get yourself some Frisch’s Bleu Cheese Dressing.
- The lettuce is very tender so I do not recommend cutting too far in advance. If you do get anxious and want to cut the lettuce in advance place the wedges on a cookie sheet, cover with a cool damp paper towel, and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
GD Star Rating