A Healthy Cupcake (as healthy as a cupcake can be)
This pretty little cupcake is stuffed with protein powder, proving that you can add a little “health” to just about anything you eat. A fast favorite, this recipe first debuted at the grand opening of our favorite local gym and was a smashing success. The next time you are looking for an easy dessert recipe that will appeal to both the health-conscience and the hungry-in-general, this healthy cupcake needs to make the menu.
healthy cupcake cooking information
- Yield: 2-3 Dozen
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
ingredients for a healthy cupcake
- 1 Box Angel Food Cake
- 2 Cups Almond Butter
- 1 Small Canister Vanilla Icing
- 1 Small Canister Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 Cup Protein Powder
healthy cupcake recipe instruction
- Following the box’s instructions, mix the cake together and bake into cupcakes.
- While the cupcakes are cooking, mix together the icings and protein powder. Set aside until the cupcakes are cooled.
- Place the almond butter in a squeeze bottle or in a plastic bag. Pipe the almond butter in the middle of the cupcakes. If you are using a Ziploc bag, use a tooth pick to create a little hole in the middle of the cupcake and then pipe the almond butter in the middle.
- Smear the tops of the cupcakes with the protein powder icing, and sprinkle with some powder too. Serve and enjoy!
healthy cupcake cooking tips
- Any nut butter will be delicious. I have made this recipe using cashew, almond, or simply peanut butter.
- Protein powder is something we always seem to have at our house, but if you don’t, go ahead and substitute malted milk powder.